- This event has passed.
Seed Grant Program Open
April 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am - May 20, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
NC State’s Data Science Academy (DSA) is pleased to announce its 2022 Seed Grant program. This program, developed in collaboration with the Office of Research and Innovation (ORI), aims to increase interdisciplinary data science research at NC State by building and strengthening interdisciplinary networks among NC State researchers with shared interests in data science.
The DSA anticipates making 5 – 10 awards in the range of $20,000 – $50,000. Funds can support a range of activities that support interdisciplinary data science research, including but not limited to:
- Hiring a common graduate or undergraduate student
- Research-focused workshops or seminar series
- Proposal ideation workshops
- Travel in support of research or proposal writing
- Speaker honoraria and travel expenses
Successful proposals will demonstrate how the project aims to advance data science research, supports interdisciplinarity and promotes accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The Seed Grant application window opens on April 19, 2022.
- Proposals are due by May 20, 2022.
- Successful applicants will receive a notice of award in May 2022.
How to apply
For more information, including the application form, visit the DSA Seed Grants Google folder.
For more information, please contact Katie Conyers, DSA Grants Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.