At NC State, data science is for everyone
Employer registration open for inaugural NC State university-wide Data Science Virtual Career Expo November 9, 2021!
What’s an NC State Academy?
At NC State, an academy identifies a true university-wide effort involving all 10 colleges. It encompasses multiple departments, centers and institutes and addresses all three pillars of the university’s land-grant mission: education, research and service to the state of North Carolina.
Data Science Academy goals are to:
Build community, communication, and collaboration
- Build and champion data science across the university
- Identify opportunities for university-wide data science initiatives
- Foster high-impact interdisciplinary research collaborations
- Design gateway courses to level up everyone in data science
Facilitate external partnerships and global presence
- Represent the Academy to external constituents
- Engage with alumni and partners
- Attract high impact funding
- Focus on areas of strategic importance to the state of North Carolina